Since being founded in 2008, Elohim has achieved many things which we are very proud of. We have…
- Rehabilitated a total of 147 children with only around 20 ever being under our full board care at any one time. Many of the kids we have cared for have now managed to get back to their families, though most are still watched over by Elohim from afar. All of Elohim’s children have gone back to school, had their diets improved and had all of their medical costs covered by us.
- Acquired a piece of land one acre in size through friends and partners like Niteo Africa which we are developing as below.
- Constructed a cottage for the children and volunteers at the Elohim Children’s Centre.
- Constructed 3 fish ponds, stocked with over 3,500 fish of different types to supplement the children’s diets.
- Set up a beautiful garden area at the centre with numerous different species of plants and flowers, many of which produce fruit or vegetables to be eaten by the children. These gardens provide an enjoyable and shaded area for the children to work and play under. We also see this as an environmental protection project.
- Employed a permanent cook for the children who are residents.
- Hosted several international and Ugandan volunteers for varying periods of time. This has improved the children’s written and spoken English, helped them to acquire more practical skills and introduced them to different people and ideas which they may otherwise have never encountered.
- Registered as an NGO and a US charity.